Master of Fine Arts in July 2006 from Visva Bharati University (Sculpture), Shantiniketan
Bachelor of Visual Arts in August 2004 from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
• Re:peat visual event new media platform Institute and Museum, Bitola, Macedonia 2008
• On Cloud Nine As It Is, “Solo exhibition” of recent drawings and video, at Tejas Art
Gallery, Kolkata – 2008
• 24th Biennale D’ Alexandria at Atelier D’ Alexandria 2007
• Sapridi – A group Show at The Fine Art Museum, Punjab University, Chandigarh - 2007.
• Group Exhibition of the Sculpture Department of Kala Bhavan at Nandan Art Gallery,
• Annual Art Exhibition at Birla Academy of Arts and Crafts, Kolkata – 2005
• Students’ Annual Art Exhibition, Kala Bhavan, Shantiniketan – 2005
• Students’ Annual Art Exhibition at Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata – 2002-2004
• Group Show at 10th Milestone, Jamshedpur – 2001
• Students’ Annual Art Exhibition at Rabindra Bharati University,
Kolkata – 1999- 2001
Workshops and Residencies:
• Thupelo Workshop 2007, Greatmore Studios, Cape Town.
• AMALA workshop and Exhibition in collaboration with the Goethe institute and L’ Atelier
De’ Alexandria. Egypt – 2007.
• Peers Residency at Khoj Artists Organisation -2007
• Internship at Eco Art Residency at Khoj Artists Organisation – 2007
• Training on the conservation and preservation of palm leaf manuscripts,
Bhubaneshwar – 2006
• Terracotta Workshop at Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata – 2003
• Workshop of Traditional Bell Metal Technique Guskara, West Bengal, at Art’s
Acre, Kolkata conducted by Uma Siddhant - 2000
Current socio – political uncertainties - that lead to introspection and self-examination, and enquiry of one’s identity and the social positioning of the self at such times - pique my interest. My works evolve from my immediate experiences. They are a portrayal of my various encounters, influenced somewhat by my own cultural background and the numerous texts and philosophies of my land.
I like to experiment and am open to exploring different possibilities of self expression. My creations have dealt with issues like traces left behind through a passage of time and memories juxtaposed with self preservation and/or the need to move out of self imposed peripheries and the continuous cycle of life (appearance and reappearance in various embodiments). They tend to be philosophical and fragile as I believe the nature of life to be.